Thursday, July 14, 2011

Be Our Guest

Last weekend was great, except my camera was mostly dead, so I will just have to tell you about it and steal some pictures from the internet. On Friday, Michael had a meeting downtown at the Accenture office, so I decided to join him, and just wander around downtown while he was in his meeting. I wandered down to Millennium Park, and they just have so much going on!

This is a neat fountain.  The faces change, and are blinking, and there were lots of kids and families running around and playing in the water!  So fun!
Then I stopped and looked at this beauty, the Cloud Gate. It is way cooler in real life than I would have expected.  We'll go back and take our own pictures :)
This is the Jay Pritzker Pavilion.  They had a free symphony playing so I stopped and watched for a minute.
Then Michael got off work, and we wandered a little bit more.  We went to the Macy's on Michagan Ave that is the biggest department store I have EVER seen.  It was awesome. Then we thought, we should go see what shows are playing in the Broadway theater, and it was Beauty and the Beast!  I had heard it was a good one, so we went to see if we could get tickets.  It was our lucky day because we got great seats, and when you are a student it is only $25 for seats that are usually $85!  So we were really excited! Right next to the theatre is Garrett Popcorn and I made Michael go in with me because it just smells so delicious, and we had walked by a couple of times.  So we bought the "Chicago Mix" which is carmel and cheese popcorn, mixed.  We thought it would be weird, but it was delicious!  Oprah said it was one of her favorites, and it is now one of mine too!



Then onto Beauty and the Beast!

It was at the Oriental Theatre and it was beautiful!  The architecture of it was amazing, and then Beauty and the Beast was even more amazing!  Michael had never been to a Broadway Musical before, and he couldn't believe his eyes.  It's our new favorite thing to do!  

Chicago is wonderful and everyone should come visit us!


No comments:

Post a Comment