Monday, August 1, 2011

Look out for those subway grates

July 20-24 marked the first time Michael and I had been away from each other as a married couple, so sad :( I traveled up north to Canada for my Dudley family reunion, and Michael had a leadership conference for all of the Accenture interns.  I slacked and didn't take any pictures, but it was fun to see all of my extended family, and it was to bad Michael wasn't there to meet them.  We celebrated my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary, which is remarkable!  I can't even imagine being married for 50 years, but I can't wait to get there!  43 days and counting! :) We also got to see the famous Magrath parade, fireworks, and all of the other town celebrations.  It is always fun to go up to Magrath, and I can't wait to take Michael with me!  Then I made my way back to Chicago, and we were reunited.  Yay!

I have to be the luckiest girl in the world, because somehow Michael managed to get Monday, July 25 off for my birthday!  It was to fun!  We just wandered around the city and shopped and saw some touristy things.  To much fun!



I took real pictures this time :)




So happy it's my birthday

The huge, somewhat tacky, Marilyn Monroe statue

You can even see her white panites



Such a beautiful city

Michael took a million pictures of the different pieces from different buildings that are a part of the Tribune Tower, but I thought the piece of metal from the World Trade Center would mean the most.

1 comment: