Monday, August 29, 2011

Just after Home on the Range

The morning after the Yankees we got a call from my mother that a family member had died in Southern Alberta.  Wanting to be with my family, Michael and I decided to leave Chicago a week early, and started to pack.  


We said goodbye to Fe's House.

Then found Home on the Range

Then said goodbye to our car...

Whoops... I didn't mean to shock anyone with that last picture.  Since some may have heard, and others haven't, we were in a little accident in Montana.  What happened?  I didn't fall asleep, I wasn't texting, and no other cars were involved.  Honestly, it was a straight and narrow road, and I underestimated how narrow the road was.  I swerved just a little bit, and instead of hitting a rumble strip, we hit the ditch.  It's said we rolled 5 and a half times.  The car is totalled.  We were both wearing our seat belts, and only have the most minor injuries. Luckily, a very nice lady and her family were willing to take us two more hours west, and my mom, who was headed to Canada, was able to pick us up.  We managed to keep all of our stuff, and we made it safely to Magrath after that.  

Life has been a little crazy, but at least we have each other.  And we are happy to be alive.



1 comment:

  1. oh. my. gosh. glad you guys are okay! That is so scary!

    ReplyDelete